Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2007

sewing party

A few months ago, I started inviting friends over to sew. Mostly, we sew baby carriers, but are planning to do other projects. This week, a few friends came over to work on Mei Tai Carriers. It's a lot of fun, some work, some more work, and a lot more fun!

While sewing, our babies play, eat, nap, and sometimes fuss. We take turns tending to babies or handle our own. One of the babies got a little fussy and rather than stop sewing, his mom asked if she could borrow one of my mei tai carriers (remember I have just a few now). So, we helped her strap him on to her back and she went back to sewing. Within minutes, he fell asleep! So cute and such a PSA for baby wearing!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Usually, at a sewing party, I tend to host and help others. After the party, I felt inspired to work on a carrier myself. I found this funky patterned material I wanted to make into a carrier. So, I went to work and got mine done before our next meeting. It amazed the rest, but I reminded them that I had all day and night and worked on it when Ava was either sleeping or playing nicely by herself.
Here's a close up of the carrier. I added a headrest and a new pocket type (elasticized top to pocket rather than a flap):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And here's another shot of it:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment