Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

New sewing machine


For my birthday, I got a new sewing machine. However, I have yet to even tinker with it. Sure, I've been a little busy these past few months, but I can't believe I haven't even tried it out. What if it doesn't work? Or I don't like it? I bought it from Costco, so I think I could return it if there are problems. Hope so!

The machine is a brother sewing machine that has a ton of different stitches, decorative feet, auto button holes, quilting accessories and so much more that I would need to learn to use. I've been stalking this sewing machine since Christmas 2006. I read a lot of reviews on it before buying it. Most of the reviews were really good. The ones that weren't raving reviews were from people that compared it to other sewing machines that were a lot more expensive. I wasn't ready to pay in the $500 range for a sewing machine..not until I could justify that I could do $500-sewing-machine-projects. This sewing machine is one of the Brother models specifically marketed to Costco and also HSN (Home Shopping Network). No, I'm a not a HSN shopper. But I do shop at Costco. I was bummed when I couldn't find this machine in Costco stores anymore, but was happy to find it available on Costco's online store.

I think I'm going to set aside some time to play around with the stitches, learn to thread it, etc. Then I can finally put it to use :)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your machine! My Brother is a little tempermental, but as long as he's kept clean and gets new needles regularly he works fine. The kids use it now and love the simplicity of it ... and the cool stitches.

    ReplyDelete