Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

another dress

I don't know how I did it, but I managed to squeeze in one more dress today. Probably because I cut out the pieces the day before. I was pretty busy today, but got most of the dress done before the kids woke up from their naps. Then I worked on the rest after they went to bed. Only "crafty" people love spending Friday nights sewing, right?

Well, here's the dress. (No natural light in this photo since it was taken at night)



I really like this style. Easy to sew and fun since nothing seems real tricky to me. I have to confess that the hem is not done yet and I only pinned the straps to the back of the dress because I want to try it on Ava before I finish the dress. This is another dress targeted for next spring/summer, so I'm considering waiting on the hem in case my little girl has a HUGE growth spurt. But I think this dress could work as a top if that were to happen.

What do you think about the buttons? I'm 99% sure I like them, but 1% not so sure. I tried a few others, but this set looked the cutest. Yellow and loud, but still so cute and summery looking.

1 comment: