Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

3 more dresses

Guess making Ava's Halloween costume got me inspired to wip up new projects. Maybe even complete a few of my WIP's (Work in Progress), too. We'll see. I can't spend too much "free time" sewing these days, but it is nice to get a few things on my list done.

Remember my "happy prints" stack of fabric? I finally sat down and made a sundress (or top...depends how it fits Ava next spring/summer). The colors are crazy and adorable.

I love it!


It's a pillowcase dress (not from a pillowcase) and the straps are sewn differently. I didn't have enough of this ribbon to make the straps tie into bows, so I decided to just stitch the pieces in. I've only done it lightly with one stitch. I want to be able to adjust them next spring depending on Ava's size. Yes, with enough ribbon I wouldn't have to do that, but that's ok. A little more effort for a little less ribbon (or $) goes a long way!

The next two dress couldn't be any easier to sew! Unless I just bought them, but what fun is that? I found the cutest sundress by the yard on sale and couldn't resist. Anyone can make these. ANYONE. All you have to do is stitch up the back side of the dress. You can also add straps. An extra step. I may do this later depending on how they fit Ava next spring.




My favorite of the two is the white eyelet dress. I tried it on Ava and she looks angelic in it. I'm a little biased though, right?

That's 4 dresses in a week. Pretty good for me. Not as productive as my friend, Lauren. I remember sewing a lot more when Ava was younger. Tyler isn't so into playing on his own for very long and Ava would definitely prefer more time playing with Mama. So, I'll keep my sewing projects for naptime or after they go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. yeah...now that my sewing room is not in view of the baby's play area anymore, i am doing a lot less than i'd like...naptimes and bedtimes only now. :(

    those dresses are so cute! i LOVE the eyelet one. i'm going to copy you and do that one for kate. great job!

    ReplyDelete