Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My shutterfly obsession grows from photobooks to cards!

I love holidays for so many reasons, but one reason is all the opportunities to take photos of my family and friends during all the fun and create keepsakes I can cherish over and over. As most of you know my addiction to scrapbooking and taking photos has now turned into a digital photo book obsession. Well, lately I've realized I'm just as obsessed with creating my own cards from the photos and collages I make. I think my "make my own card" obsession started when I decided to make our wedding invitations Then it escalated when Jeff and I became a family and all the cute family photos had to be shared. It's a great way to send everyone both a few of our favorite photos and a nice message.

I'm starting to plan for our holiday cards this year. Shutterfly is offering  even more designs and ways to personalize their card templates. I like being able to add my personal touch vs. picking a basic template and just using it. I use a lot of different websites to create and purchase my photo gifts, but Shutterfly is the one I shop the most. They have the best promotions and selection. Their customer service is great too (don't get me started about a few other online photo service companies...argh!) Shutterfly is offering 20% off all holiday cards right now. Just one of the many promotions they have going on. They always have so many. They are also having a special promotion for bloggers to receive 50 free Holiday cards. When I read about this, I jumped at the opportunity.

I'm very excited and can't wait to make our Holiday Cards. I can't decide whether to make Thanksgiving cards or a Christmas letter style card. I've never written a Christmas Letter to included with our holiday cards, but I always love reading the ones we get. It's nice to get a summary of a friend or family members' life over the past year. It's amazing to read how much happens in a year and even better to read how even some of life challenges can be embraced and reframed in a positive way. I like the idea of including a letter as part of the card's design. I bet this card makes a great keepsake not only for extended family, but for the family that shared their story. After looking at this style of card, I am considering the "Top 10 moments"  card if I chicken out on writing a full letter for the card. It's cute, what do you think?



Or hmm, what if I can't choose 10 moments to write about? Maybe I have more? Then the year in photos card is my best bet. A picture says a 1000 words, so 12 photos should say a lot!



 I admit I'm still not sure which to choose and I'm not sure I want to let family and friends know exactly which one I'll choose. That would spoil the surprise and I think I'd like to wait until you get it in the mail. Speaking of mail? Do I actually have everyone's updated addresses? I don't want to get yours lost in the mail...

No comments:

Post a Comment