Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Curtain panels for my boy

I found a cute sheet set awhile ago and decided to use the flat sheet as a curtain (my kids don't really use their flat sheets, do yours?)

The curtains were cute and worked fine, but didn't look as finished as I wanted. So when I found blue fabric shower curtains that matched and on clearance (my favorite kind of buy) I decided I'd redo the curtains...someday. ***Weeks pass***Today when the kids accidentally pulled the curtain rod down I was finally motivated to finish this project. I trimmed the sheet to use parts of it as the new panel's casing (aka rod pocket). Two reasons: to color coordinate the two sets and because I didn't want to cut into or alter the blue fabric shower curtain panels (in case I one day wanted to use them as they were originally intended). Bored with explanation? Sorry. Here's the new set. The "before" shot not provided- it was only the one polka dot panel before adding the outer panels.

Yes, the center curtain is about 2 inches longer because of how the rods are hanging. I need a better double rod but for now I'm satisfied or tolerating the difference :)

Using sheets, shower curtains, or table cloths is an inexpensive way to make curtains. Cheaper than buying fabric by the yard and an easier project since the fabric edges are already hemmed. Give it a try next time you need a new set of curtains, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment