Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Sew your own steam mop pads

Sew your own steam mop padsimg_1328291382.jpgI finally did this green cleaning project. I've saying I would make my own steam mop covers FOREVER, but just never actually sat down long enough to.  But since I'm SO close to getting my de-cluttering, reorganizing, and simplifying life at home, it seemed like now would be the time to get this project done.

I only have 2 mop pads that originally came with the mop. Definitely not enough to steam mop regularly (unless I keep up with my laundry a lot better). When I looked into buying extra pads I had sticker shock: $5 each. So I tried clipping rags with clothes pins to bottom of the mop. Not convenient and seemed messy to remove. Which means I just mopped less to avoid dealing with all that.  Now that I finally have extras  I hope to keep up with steam cleaning the floors.

For the project, I used an old towel and the waistband off an old pair of my daughter's shorts. For the next few mop
pads i make, I'll probably just sew the elastic band if I don't have more shorts in the rag bin.

Sewing the waistband around the oval shape towel (cut to match the size of the mop pads I already have) is easy. This project takes minutes to do and you can be mopping with them  the same day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment