Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

Yoga Bag from jacket









Last night, I felt like sewing. Just a little sewing. Just enough to turn a fleece jacket into a yoga bag. It was really easy to do. I wanted to make a bag that would carry all my yoga essentials: a mat, a towel, a water bottle and my keys. I used an old fleece jacket with lots of pockets, zippers and one of those collars that zippers all the way up. This made for the perfect yoga bag.  The mat fits in the body of the jacket, a towel fits in the back of the jacket (which I pieced together at the arm holes starting from the back of the collar forming a small open pocket that also serves as the top of the yoga bag's strap). Then I added an extra large pocket to the side of the yoga bag to fit a large water bottle. For the strap, I used an elastic strap (think "scrunchie") that attaches at the top to the back center of the bag.  I actually used an old waistband I salvaged from a pair of sweat pants the other day while cutting clothes for rags (remember that pile of rags that ended up becoming a bed lounge pillow?). It's really stretchy, but not too stretchy. I think I'll need to cover the strap though since it'll get a lot of wear from taking the bag on and off.  My new yoga bag is super comfy, easy to use and carries all my basic yoga gear. My only wish was that I used a jacket in a prettier color, but then I guess if I liked the jacket I wouldn't have decided to cut it up in the first place :)


No comments:

Post a Comment