Pages

Friday, August 22, 2008

homemade baby food

Tyler is now officially eating solids and because it's not only easy, but also really inexpensive, I whipped or pureed up some homemade baby foods. Doesn't take much time or effort. Once I get started, it's actually kinda of fun. I really enjoyed being to make Ava's first foods (beside milk..you know what I mean), so I was excited to do the same for Tyler.

And Tyler really likes all the new tastes:

Eating peas


The other day, I made his veggie purees: peas, green beans and brocoli (although, we'll wait on the brocoli. He's already a gassy baby). No new photos of that since the photos just looked like the ones I took for a post about hiding veggies in Ava's food.

I used frozen mixed fruit (bag contained mango, pineapple, peaches, strawberries, honeydew, grapes) and separated them before making the baby food. For apricots and prunes, I used dried and rehydrated them before pureeing them.



Makes A LOT of food. I didn't use the pineapples, or strawberries, or the grapes for the baby food. He won't be eating those for a few months (just what our pediatrician recommended to wait on due to possible strawberry allergies or his acidity of pineapples). Nothing wrong with grapes..I just snacked them all gone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment