Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

baby shower planning fun

I've been having some fun planning a shower for my sister-in-law. It's going to be a co-ed shower, but I couldn't resist making it super girly cute (because they are having super cute baby girl!). I'm sure the guys will give over it.

For the invitations, I used Evite for an online option to RSVP. I also made invitations to give out to their friends and family. It was the first time I made an invitation sized to fit a 4" x 6" photo and get it printed 1-hour photo. It worked really well! Despite the frustrations* I've had with the quality of prints from Walgreens, the invitations turned out well.

The invitation (with personal details covered up)

Now that the invitations are done and sent, I can work on decorations, food and party activities! Actually, before making the invitations, I had the urge to make one of those cute diaper cakes I've seen online everywhere. Before starting, I checked out a few tutorials featured on YouTube. If I had more time, I would become a YouTube junkie..you can find a video about ANYTHING there..crazy!

Here's the diaper cake I made. Inside I managed to stuff it with bottles, breastmilk storage bags, and onesies.



*Mini-vent about Walgreens-they have great sales on photo prints, but everytime I get the photos printed I've noticed the colors seem off. This last time 1/2 my photos looked bleached out by the sun or like the settings on their printer were set too bright. The staff was really nice though and tried to print them out again (for free). Still the photos looked off. The only way I'll be able to know if it's Walgreens or my photos is to get them printed elsewhere. Think I'll do that!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! You did a great job! I love the invitation and the diaper cake turned out so pretty!

    As for your photos, can you print one-hour at Target? You can upload from Shutterfly (and maybe Kodak) then pick them up at the store.

    ReplyDelete