Pages

Friday, July 18, 2008

Tie on One

Now that she's starting to do more projects I wanted to make her a cute little apron. I had a pattern, but didn't like the instructions (wanted it to be reversible). So, I used the pattern, cut the extra pieces and sewed it tonight (well actually I cut the pattern/fabric last night while watching Project Runway..inspiration? No, but I thought it was funny to sew and watch the show). I used scrap fabric that I wasn't so attached to (well, the duck fabric I was a little more attached to but decided to "risk" using it for the first attempt at the apron). The apron turned out nice, but the next one I'll make a few changes to. I think the straps could be easy to sew if they weren't so thin. Or I might use wide ribbon. I also want to add pockets and some cute ribbon ruffles, eyelet lace, or rick rack. There are so many options! But I also have to remember that aprons get dirty. If I make one too cute, I might find myself frustrated when Ava gets it stained. What's the point in that?

One side....


The other side....

(photo's blurry..darn..did't notice that until now)



I also cut out an apron my size using the pink-with-white-flowers fabric. Thought Ava might want us to have matching ones. I just don't have enough ducky fabric, so maybe the next one will be matching..we'll see :)

Ok, after chatting with my friend Allison about aprons, she told me about crayon aprons. I didn't really know about these...they are adorable! I'm definitely making (at least) one!

Here's one from Toys R Us, but I really found cute ideas on flickr and Etsy (two of my favorite places for inspiration!)


Rather than use other people's photos (don't want to have to get permissions, etc.), here's the link to the search I did:
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=crayon%20apron&w=all

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=tag_title&search_query=crayon+apron

Oh, and the best part? I saw a few of the aprons were made using a pillowcase! Cute idea. Except I don't have any cute pillowcases.....



No comments:

Post a Comment