Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm a little biased

*Couldn't resist the pun*
PhotobucketPhotobucket
My favorite bias tape maker

Photobucket
As requested...a photo of my armhole "guide"...a -purposed greeting card with a "J" shape cutout

Today, I made a little pillowcase dress shirt. I wanted to play around with making my own matching bias tape for the straps. I would have made it a dress, but the scrap fabric was too short, and I figured a shirt would be a change.
I finished the shirt fast..this morning. Must be getting this all down pat. The bias tape took longer. Not because it was hard, but because I was moving slower by this afternoon. Just tired. I'm still recovering from a few crazy nights with Tyler's teething and refusal to take a binky along with Ava's newfound independence and resistance to going to sleep at a decent hour. Ok, back to the shirt...

Thanks to a few of my favorite sewing and quilting books to keep me on track with the bias tape and my trusty bias tape maker (LOVE this notion), I made enough (and a little extra) bias tape for this shirt:
Photobucket
My attempt at an artsy (or etsy) type photo of the shirt

Photobucket
Ava "modeling" the shirt with her new white capris (how long will they be white? we'll see)

Today, during tummy time, I worked on the making the bias tape and adding it to the shirt:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment